Holistic Childbirth Education for Modern Parents
Many people spend months preparing for a wedding, hours searching for the right make and model of car, and take their time when searching for a house. It’s time we spend the same effort (if not more!) in preparing for childbirth! Let me help you make your research and preparation easier with a series of 4 evidence-based, interactive, and informative childbirth education classes. Our time will be centered around Lamaze’s 6 principles for a healthier childbirth which include:
- Let labor begin on its own
- Walk, move around and change positions throughout labor.
- Bring a loved one, friend, or doula for continuous support.
- Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary.
- Avoid giving birth on your back and follow your body’s urges to push.
- Keep mother and baby together; it’s best for mother, baby, and breastfeeding.
Private and Small Group Childbirth Education Designed to Inspire and Empower
Are you looking for a comprehensive childbirth education course that leaves you feeling prepared and ready to birth with confidence? Whether this is your first baby, or you are looking for a refresher, Christine will ensure that you feel prepared and confident knowing the basics of childbirth and how to advocate for what you want in labor.
In sessions with Christine, you’ll learn the basics of childbirth, know what options you have, discuss common interventions that may be offered, pain management and comfort techniques, informed consent/refusal, and how to adjust to the postpartum period, including discussions on breastfeeding, sleep, and normal newborn behavior.
In the comprehensive class, we have a series of four 2-hour classes that cover:
- Class 1: Understanding Pregnancy and Birth
- The 6 Healthy Birth Practices Overview, Significance of Birth, Types of Providers, Anatomy, Healthy Lifestyles, Stages of Labor
- Class 2: The 6 Healthy Birth Practices
- Exploring the 6 Healthy Practices in detail, What to expect for hospital or home birth (tailored to your situation), Informed Consent/Refusal, Common Medical Procedures (Risks and Benefits), Preventing Vaginal and Perineal Tears
- Class 3: Comfort Measures and Birth Planning
- Role of Hormones in Labor and Birth, Theories of Pain, Comfort Techniques and Natural Pain Management, Birth Positions, Birth Planning, Postpartum Basics
- Class 4: Breastfeeding & the 4th Trimester with Mama Bird Hendry
- Breastfeeding, Sleep, all about the 4th trimester, Newborn Care, Review/Questions
Private Class (for you and your partner): $385 if paid in full or $100 per class (can request a la carte classes as well). In-person or virtual. Your one-on-one opportunity for personalized and private childbirth education with an experienced birth worker.
Small Group Option: $285 for 3-4 Couples in a small group setting hosted at Mother Rising Studio
Virtual Small Group Option: $285 per couple, hosted on Zoom
Workbook and 75-Minute Private Call to Ask Anything: $120
Workbook Alone: $12
Discounts for doula clients: $25 off all classes
All classes come with a 75-page Childbirth Education workbook and a set of affirmation cards.
Upcoming Class Dates:
Late Fall/Early Winter Class:
December 4, 11, 18 (with Christine), and January 15 (with Madison Hendry). There’s a back-up date of January 8 if I need to skip one of my classes for a birth.
I am always accepting private childbirth education students. Virtual or in-person available.
What I really liked absolutely best about the class was the option for one on one. It made me more comfortable learning this way. I can’t think of anything I would have wanted to spend more or less time on – we both really enjoyed all the information! We want to thank you for such a wonderful class in helping us prepare for the most life changing experience of our lives! – Christine T.
Thank you so much for the education courses that were tailored to my needs! I felt prepared with my knowledge and was able to use all of the exercises we discussed (breathing, birth ball, shower…we checked a lot of boxes!) -Jessica G.